Posted On: Tue, 01/08/2019 - 21:22
How to Increase Traffic on Your Website
Digital marketing strategies aim at gaining more customers in order to maximize profits. Gaining more customers translates to generating more traffic. Most people find ways to create more brand awareness but are unable to because they have low visitors coming to their sites. This article seeks ways on how to increase traffic on your website. Traffic is what drives a business’ success. Traffic get you leads. And if there is no lead, there are fewer sales.
Knowing how to increase traffic make you aware of the maximum benefits to choose from. Imagine having a well-built website and only have a flat table record of visitors. It can be frustrating as the website isn’t bringing in the desired results. All these can change when steps are being implemented to drive more results. Below are some of the ways to increase traffic.
- Advertise your Brand
- This should be one of first things to do when you launch a website. Advertise draws people’s attention to what you are offering. Everybody want more customers; they all want to expand their business and watch it grow. What advertisement does is to shift the people’s focus to yours. There are different ways to advertise. Look at the one that suits your business and budget before going into it. Social media advertising has gone large and should be utilized. The different platforms come with different rates to choose from.
- Open Social Media Profiles
- The social media offers the opportunities of being found and being known globally. A little post here and there makes up popularity. This is one of the best ways to generate more traffic. You telling people about your brands, make short videos, have a captivating topic, hashtag, tweet about it, link and so on is what channels your content to the world. Social media platforms such as Google+, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and others are good enough in making you found.
- Provide a Good Content
- Having a good headline is not enough to sustain the interest of your audience. Good content is a key factor in generating traffic. Visitors who are engaged in your post would want to stay for longer and discover more services from you. Do further research on the topic you want to write about. Answer the questions on what the audience want to know about the particular issue you are discussing. Endeavor to write more and edit more.
- Invite Guest Posts
- We were not made to be islands. Our human instincts cause us to connect with the people around us. Hence, inviting guest posts would aid to broaden your horizon as people are more aware of what you do and in a way gain your trust. Guest posts gives one such opportunities of promoting our brand to a wider group of people without stress.
- Make use of SEO
- The use of Search Engine Optimisation cannot be overemphasized. Its god to have a great content but it is much better if people find that content on google. Optimizing your website helps you make this happen. This simply means that you should use the SEO devices to make sure search engines rank your site on top of their first pages. Using the right SEO software would give you a sound SEO audit and streamline your posts to a more user-readable result.
- Speed up Your Site
- One killer factor to low traffic is the speed of the sites. A slow site would turn off visitors which will give a high bounce rate – viewers leaving your sites in seconds. It may hinder search engines from picking up contents from your sites faster than should be done. Check out your hosting package and upgrade its plan. Moreover, learn to optimize properly by using the right image size and page structure.
- Get an Email List
- Email marketing is not only an effective means og growing a product or service, it also helps grow traffic. The constant mails being received in your mail list will go a long way in reaching out to numerous peoples. The newsletter still stands as a major tool for increasing traffic to your site. This email platform also grows a customer to seller relationship on a long run.
- Carve a Memorable Headline
- Studies have shown that a headline is what drives people’s interest to your brand. Take time to write a headline that fully represents your brand and bring home a message to the intending viewers. Good headlines would keep audience’s attention which will automatically generate more traffic to your site. Also make sure your ads on the various social media advertising platform go with a catchy headline and picture.
- Contribute to other Websites
- Growing your audience involves a form of communication with other related websites. As earlier discussed in this post, you need to invite guest posts in order to expand your brand. Also, you also need to contribute to other websites to gain more followers or visitors. Contributing to a site must be carefully done. Your contents should be wordy and well detailed.
- Make your Website Mobile Responsive
- Internet browsing has gone beyond using a computer as was perceived before. Most people surf the net with their mobile phones to access various information. The amount of people using smart phones today per minute has surpassed expectations. The only way to generate traffic from the list of a large volume of data users is to make sure your website is mobile responsive. That is your website is accessible and properly viewed across a range of mobile devices like android, ios and windows phone.
- Make Use of Video Marketing
- Video content is becoming the next big strategy employed by most big organisations. Though written content may be good, the video content attracts more visitors because of its visual and sound appeal. A video paints a picture to the minds of many than a text would do. Hence, information about your brand is retained more than a text-based content. The video marketing is an outstanding means of heightening traffic and promoting your brand awareness.
- Link Internally
- Engage your audience with other works you have done by referring back to contents relevant to their search. Internal linking boosts traffic to your website and more interests begin to grow from one page of your site to another. When writing a content, seek for ways to link your previous works to the sites. This will also help you with SEO.